Democracy North Carolina is a statewide organization with staff in Durham, Rocky Mount, Winston-Salem, Charlotte and Fayetteville. We recruit volunteers year-round for different kinds of work. Read below to learn more.
Volunteer at our Durham, NC office
If you are interested in volunteering at our main office, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Entering data and sign in sheets from our meetings around the state
- Making event turn out, get out the vote, and issue advocacy calls
- Putting together packets and materials for trainings and events around the state
Volunteer as part of a coalition
If you are interested in taking action as part of a group or coalition, you can contact a Democracy NC field organizer near you. This includes opportunities such as voter registration, education, and mobilization efforts, attending monthly coalition meetings, material distribution, canvassing and phone banking:
- For the Western NC region (includes Asheville, Boone), contact Darlene Azarmi
- For the Western Piedmonet (includes the Charlotte area), contract Mel Hartsell
- For the Central NC region (includes Winston-Salem, Greensboro), contact Linda Sutton
- For the Southeast NC region (includes Fayetteville, Lumberton, Wilmington), contact Nancy Shakir
- For the Eastern NC region (includes Rocky Mount, New Bern, Greenville), contact Marques Thompson
You can also contribute by making a tax-deductible donation! Visit the donate page to learn more.